My Blog List

Thursday 25 June 2015

Growing potatoes



I’ve just harvested my first-ever crop of salad potatoes.
I hadn’t known what to expect. Three Jazzy seed potatoes were planted on the patio in March, each in a small black polythene bag (provided by Thompson and Morgan).  In mid-June, the foliage yellowed and died, so I cut it down. Then I emptied one of the bags and was delighted to discover that one potato had become about 20 of a size large enough to eat, plus a lot more that hadn't got much bigger than peas. The Thompson and Morgan website talks about 80 tubers from one seed potato, so maybe I didn’t water them enough. 


 Anyhow, there’s enough from that bag for several meals, and I have yet to investigate the two other containers.

More about Jazzy at:
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/vegetables/potatoes/second-early/potato-jazzy/t56501TM

1 comment:

  1. Nice information
    I have a garden in my home where I grow various vegetables but never grow potatoes because I think it is hard to grow.
    After reading this article I definitely try to grow potatoes in my garden

    ReplyDelete